This year Chinese New Year is on 12th February.
We’ve come up with some ideas for both meal ideas with the family and also activity ideas you can do at home.
- Chicken noodle stir fry
Link to recipe: https://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/chicken-noodle-stir-fry.html
- Gingered beef stew with dumplings recipe : https://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/gingered-beef-stew-with-dumplings.html
- Make your own Chinese Dragon puppet
- Make a Chinese dragon masks
- Make a cardboard tube Chinese dragon
- Clean and declutter your home
- Make and give out red packets aka “Ang Pows’ which normally have money inside
- Traditionally people wear new clothes… but why don’t you upcycle some old ones?
- Make your own Paper Lanterns
- Cook a Chinese Meal – simple but fun things to make are spring rolls and lettuce wraps. Anything meaningful to bring prosperity and happiness. Don’t forget, oranges for dessert.
- Write your own fortunes or even make your own fortune cookies
- Have a competition to see how many sweets you can all pick up in 1 minute using chopsticks (this was a family tradition of ours at all parties
- Learn Chinese Dance on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCcWlwmKOSo
- Watch Dragon and Lion dances online
- We also have a craft idea for you to have a go at it’s the firebbreathing dragon craft idea